A goldmine of information can be found in cemeteries and on gravestones. Some headstones will have dates of birth and death, other family members interred there, spouse details. There are many sites now where people have uploaded photos and transcriptions of headstones for people to access. It is important to note that given the world contains billions of grave that the information on the internet is still really in its infancy. It is advised to keep checking back regularly. Also if you are wanting to contribute to this valuable genealogical resource how about finding a local group and assist in recording your local cemeteries.
- Billion Graves – this website allows users to search for graves around the world.
- Brisbane City Council (BCC) – this search facility enables you to search for burials conducted in all cemeteries managed by the BCC including Bald Hills Cemetery, Balmoral Cemetery, Brookfield Cemetery, Cedar Creek Cemetery, Hemmant Cemetery and Crematorium, Lutwyche Cemetery, Moggill Cemetery, Mt Gravatt Cemetery and Crematorium, Nundah Cemetery, Pinaroo Lawn Cemetery and Crematorium, South Brisbane Cemetery, and Toowong Cemetery.
- Deceased Online – an UK-based website that provides a search feature for burials and cremations in a central database. Searching is free but a fee is charged to look at the full record.
- Discover Ever After – a collection of Irish-based graveyards.
- Find A Grave – a worldwide resource allowing people to search for cemetery records around the world.
- Find A Grave In Scotland – a searchable site to find a grave in Scotland
- Gravestone Photographic Resource – this site has a collection of cemeteries and graves for many countries around the world, including Australia, England, France, Greece, Ireland, New Zealand, United States, Wales just to name a few. This is by no means a comprehensive listing of cemeteries but for the listings that exist, you will find information such as what is on the gravestone, the condition of it, and photos.
- Interment.net – provides transcriptions of inscriptions and some photographs of headstones in many locations around the world. It has a handy search feature to search for your ancestors.
- Metropolitan Cemeteries Board (MCB) – this site provides you a search facility to search the cemeteries managed by the MBC in Perth, Western Australia. These include Fremantle Cemetery, Guildford Cemetery, Karrakatta Cemetery, Midland Cemetery, Pinaroo Valley Memorial Park, and Rockingham Regional Memorial Park.